Thursday, September 26, 2013

Back to blogging.


After many false starts, going to give it another try.

Today I am thinking of people who inspire me.

A young man whom I have never met inspires me.  

My co-worker visited a Disability Conference today.  She came back to the office with two pretty little clay trains.  These trains were made by a young man who has autism.  He sculpts and paints these small treasures and signs each of them after they are purchased.  

I was struck by his determination as both an artist and a disabled person.

This is a news story Google turned up about this young artist.

May God bless you, Jeremiah.  Keep up the inspiration.

Inspiration also sprouted from a small hearted place.

An internet friend made me and others aware of a rude Facebook page.  The title of this page was "I'd Like To Have A Midget For A Pet".  Sporting stolen photos and sickening posts, several people reported the page as hate speech directed toward those with disabilities.

First wave of reports received instant responses that equated to "Nah, you reactionary, this page is just good, clean fun" from the Facebookrobot.   After a few hours and some more reporting, the page disappeared.  Those who organized this effort as well as the human in a cube at Facebookland who acted, well, they inspire me.

Oh.......  What do I watch tonight?  Grey's Anatomy or Parenthood?  I am torn.

No comments:

Post a Comment